In Real Life (IRL) Stack
Devices, apps, and services I use day-to-day.
- HP Probook 430 G1 - Daily driver
- Nokia 6300 4G - Daily driver
- Schok Classic - It has all the basics and a little extra since it's Android Open Source Project (AOSP) based.
- Surface Go - Secondary device
- Surface Duo - Secondary device
- Surface Laptop
- Pinebook Pro
- Raspberry Pi 4
- SOG Barrage - Main pack - Great for one-bag travels. You can fit a week's worth of clothing and electronics. MOLLE straps let you expand the pack with your own accessories.
- Patagonia Atom Sling 8L - Every Day Carry (EDC) bag
- Osprey Farpoint Travel Pack 55 - I use the large backpack for larger trips and the daypack is the main backpack I use for day hikes.
Photography & Video
- Canon PowerShot SX740 - Mainly for photos
- Akaso Brave 7 - Action cam. I usually use it to record outdoor trips. It's also compact enough for every day carry to supplement my phone's camera.
- Logitech C920S Pro HD Webcam - Webcam for video calls & streaming
- Garmin Fenix 6 Pro - Fitness tracker & GPS device
- Garmin Drive 52 - Car GPS
- Pocketbook Touch Lux 5 - E-Reader
- AntennaPod - Podcasts on Android
- RadioDroid - Internet radio
- MusicBee - Manage podcasts on Windows & transfer them to my MP3 player (FiiO M6).
- Spotify - Exclusively for music. It would probably be easier to use it for both music and podcasts but for some odd reason, I like managing music & podcasts separately.
- Matrix - Chat
- Jami - Chat
- Jitsi - Video calling
- Discord - Chat
- Slack - Chat
- Skype - Audio & Video calling
Feed Reader & News
- Newsblur - If it has an RSS feed, it's here. Blogs, news sites, YouTube channels, podcasts, etc. I use NewsBlur as the one place to manage my RSS feeds. I also have these RSS feeds in apps like AntennaPod & MusicBee for podcasts but NewsBlur is the source of truth in case I decide to switch podcast apps in the future. Also, NewsBlur provides you with an e-mail address so you can subscribe to e-mail newsletters.
Maps & Navigation
- Joplin - Daily driver. I really like authoring content in Markdown. Joplin lets me do that for notes while also giving me flexibility when it comes to syncing.
- Microsoft OneNote
- Mastodon - Fediverse microblogging.
- Tusky - Mastodon Android app
- Pixelfed - Fediverse image sharing
- Manyverse - Scuttlebutt client
- GitHub - Code hosting
- GitHub Actions - Build & workflow automation
- Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code - IDE / Text editor for blogging and software development
- Ionide - Visual Studio Code F# extension
- Insomina - HTTP client
- Netron - Machine learning model visualization
- Azure DevOps Build & workflow automation
- DrRacket - IDE for Racket development
- .NET Interactive - Polyglot interactive environments with C# & F# support
- Jupyter Notebooks / Jupyter Lab - Python notebooks