In Real Life (IRL) Stack
Devices, apps, and services I use day-to-day.
- ASUS L210MA Daily driver
- Nokia 6300 4G - Daily driver
- Surface Duo - Secondary device
- Raspberry Pi 4
HP Probook 430 G1 Schok Classic- Feature phone. It has all the basics and a little extra since it's Android Open Source Project (AOSP) based. Surface Go Surface Laptop Pinebook Pro Pinephone Pro
- SOC Bugout Bag - Main pack - Great for one-bag travels. You can fit a week's worth of clothing and electronics. MOLLE straps let you expand the pack with your own accessories.
- Jansport Way Out Waistpack - EDC pack
- 5.11 Moab 6 - Larger EDC pack
- Eddie Bauer 20L Stowable Packable
SOG Barrage Patagonia Atom Sling 8L Osprey Farpoint Travel Pack 55
Photography & Video
- Sony Cybershot DSC-W530 - Daily driver - It's compact enough for every day carry to supplement my phone's camera.
- Canon PowerShot SX740 - Mainly for trips where I want better quality photos than the Sony DSC-W530.
- Akaso Brave 7 - Action cam. I usually use it to record outdoor trips.
- Logitech C920S Pro HD Webcam - Webcam for video calls & streaming
- FiiO M6 - MP3 player
- JLAB Studio On-Ear Headphones - Daily driver
- Ludos Ultra Wired Earbuds
- JLAB JBuds Air ANC
- Garmin Fenix 6 Pro - Fitness tracker & GPS device
- Garmin Drive 52 - Car GPS
- Pocketbook Touch Lux 5 - E-Reader
- AntennaPod - Podcasts on Android
- RadioDroid - Internet radio
- VLC - Listen to internet radio and podcasts on desktop.
- Spotify - Exclusively for music. It would probably be easier to use it for both music and podcasts but for some odd reason, I like managing music & podcasts separately.
MusicBee- Manage podcasts on Windows & transfer them to my MP3 player (FiiO M6).
- Matrix - Chat
- Jami - Chat
- Jitsi - Video calling
- Discord - Chat
- Slack - Chat
- Skype - Audio & Video calling
Feed Reader & News
- NewsBlur - If it has an RSS feed, it's here. Blogs, news sites, YouTube channels, podcasts, etc. I use NewsBlur as the one place to manage my RSS feeds. I also have these RSS feeds in apps like AntennaPod & MusicBee for podcasts but NewsBlur is the source of truth in case I decide to switch podcast apps in the future. Also, NewsBlur provides you with an e-mail address so you can subscribe to e-mail newsletters.
- Elfeed - Emacs feed reader. I use elfeed to read a slimmed down version of all the feeds I follow on NewsBlur. The feeds I follow on here are mainly the ones listed in my blogroll and podroll.
Maps & Navigation
- OSMAnd~ - Android app for OpenStreetMap
- Here Maps - Secondary map app. OpenStreetMap reverse geo-coding capabilities leave something to be desired, so Here Maps is handy then.
- Joplin - Daily driver. I really like authoring content in Markdown. Joplin lets me do that for notes while also giving me flexibility when it comes to syncing.
- Microsoft OneNote
- Mastodon - Fediverse microblogging.
- Tusky - Mastodon Android app
- Manyverse - Scuttlebutt client
Pixelfed- Fediverse image sharing
- GitHub - Code hosting
- GitHub Actions - Build & workflow automation
- Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code - IDE / Text editor for blogging and software development
- Ionide - Visual Studio Code F# extension
- Insomina - HTTP client
- Netron - Machine learning model visualization
- Azure DevOps Build & workflow automation
- DrRacket - IDE for Racket development
- .NET Interactive - Polyglot interactive environments with C# & F# support
- Jupyter Notebooks / Jupyter Lab - Python notebooks